How to Keep Safe from COVID-19?
by kinglen on Jan 13, 2022
Following are the measures to be safe to an extra notch from COVID 19:
1. Stay home if you can. You can buy an oxygen concentrator as a spare.
2. Cover your mouth and nose properly with a face mask if you go out.
3. Social distancing is the key.
AT LEAST a distance of 1 meter, if in a queue or a gathering.
4. Avoid contact in public places.
The novel coronavirus can last on the surfaces for 4–24 hours, so do not touch the surfaces and avoid touching your face in public.
5. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Be it regular soap or a container soap, both are effective, and wash hands thoroughly. Do not use the high-pressure air driers and they rather increase turbulence and thus increase chances of spread.
keep a sanitizer that has alcohol at least 90%. This is as effective as using soap and water.
And in case you find any symptoms:
fever, sore throat, dry cough, breathlessness, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle ache, tiredness, etc.
- Isolate yourself of course the fear of you being positive is there but at the same time, you might risk the lives of those at home. Reach out to a doctor, for mild symptoms it can take 5-10 days to recover.
- Monitor SpO2 by using a pulse oximeter and if you feel breathlessness or Oxygen levels are <94 or <90 YOU WILL NEED Oxygen support and SHOULD see the doctor. If you don’t have an oximeter you can count Respiratory Rate (rise and fall of chest/ abdomen in a minute time) if >24/min or >30/min is a red alert.
- At home lying down on your stomach (prone position) can help in breathing.
Stay home & stay safe. We’re in this together:)