Using a CPAP machine for the first time and confused about the right way to maintain the mask and other components? Here are a few tips to make cleaning a CPAP mask easier for you.
- Make sure to check if the CPAP machine is unplugged before starting the cleaning process
- Never use harsh detergents or cleaning products with strong scents to clean your CPAP components
- Avoid using alcohol or bleach for cleaning
- If you don't have any mild soap for cleaning the mask, you can also use white vinegar for the purpose
- Avoid placing your mask in the washing machine or dishwasher for cleaning - it can cause damage to the components
- Using mask-cleaning wipes is a good idea if you want a quick and effective method of keeping your CPAP components clean
- Make sure to air dry all the components before reassembling and connecting them to the CPAP machine