Why the Test is Performed
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using an Ovulation Test
- Ease of use. Ovulation predictor tests are easy to use and work much like home pregnancy tests. Each kit includes several test sticks or strips, which let you test multiple times.
- Effective detection. Ovulation tests are 97% accurate in detecting an LH surge, making them highly effective at predicting ovulation.
- Convenience. Other ovulation detection methods require you to be committed every day. Ovulation predictor tests can be conducted more quickly and conveniently.
- Limited detection. Ovulation tests detect LH levels, but they don’t give you an exact date of ovulation. Eggs may not emerge even after an LH surge.
- Problems testing women over 40. Women over 40 and women near menopause have high LH levels. This makes it less likely an ovulation predictor kit can give accurate results for this age group.
- Issues with fertility drugs. Women using fertility drugs such as the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) may cause ovulation tests to deliver inaccurate results.
Learn more details from here: https://www.smilecarehealth.com/collections/pregnancy-test-strips