November 16, 2022.It is the 21st "World COPD Day"
This year's theme is "Lungs for Life".
This year's theme word vividly revealed.
The Importance of the Lungs in Physical Health
Lung health is a matter of life
World COPD Day aims to help people raise awareness of COPD and improve the under-diagnosis and under-treatment of COPD.
Risk factors for COPD
1. History of repeated or severe respiratory tract infection in childhood;
2. Over 40 years old;
3. Smoking or long-term exposure to "second-hand smoke" pollution;
4. Living in areas with severe air pollution;
5. Suffering from bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, emphysema and other diseases;
6. Long time exposure to dust, toxic and harmful chemical gases, heavy metal particles, etc.
What should I do if I am diagnosed with COPD?
1. Quit smoking! Key interventions for all smoking COPD patients.
2. Prevent colds and prevent the aggravation of the condition. Influenza vaccination, wearing a mask in public and washing hands frequently can be taken to avoid exposure to pathogen infection.
3. Actively treat basic diseases such as hypertension and diabetes.
4. Adhere to the doctor's advice and scientifically use the medicine, and do not stop and reduce the medicine at will.
5. Adhere to long-term home oxygen therapy, and carry out home non-invasive ventilation when necessary.
6. Adhere to pulmonary rehabilitation and carry out respiratory function training.