How to Control Cholesterol Intake
by len king on Dec 21, 2023
- Reduce the intake of high cholesterol foods: High cholesterol foods include animal offal, egg yolks and caviar. It is recommended to consume no more than 300 mg of cholesterol per day.
- Control the intake of saturated fats and trans fats: Both saturated fats and trans fats increase cholesterol levels in the body. Therefore, you should reduce the consumption of foods containing these fats, such as fried foods, fast foods, and pastries.
- Increase intake of soluble fiber: Soluble fiber can help reduce cholesterol levels in the body. It is recommended to eat more foods rich in soluble fiber such as beans, oats, fruits and vegetables.
- Eat high-fiber foods in moderation: High-fiber foods such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, fruits and vegetables can help lower cholesterol levels. It is recommended to consume sufficient amount of fiber every day.
- Control the total calories in your diet: Excessive calorie intake can lead to accumulation of fat in the body, which in turn increases cholesterol levels in the body. Therefore, one should control the total calories in the diet and maintain proper weight.