Tips for Nebulization Therapy
by kinglen on Dec 21, 2021
Who needs aerosol therapy?
People suffering from bronchial asthma, acute laryngitis, bronchiolitis, asthmatic pneumonia, chronic lung disease of premature infants, mycoplasma pneumonia, upper respiratory tract infection and other airway inflammatory diseases.
The basic steps to set up and use your nebulizer are as follows:
- Wash your hands.
- Connect the hose to theair compressor.
- Fill the medicine cup with your prescription. To avoid spillage, close the medicine cup tightly andhold the mouthpiece straight up and down.
- Attach the hose and mouthpiece to the medicine cup.
- Place the mouthpiece in your mouth. Keep your lips firm around the mouthpiece so that all of the medicinecan go into your lungs.
- Breathe through your mouth until all the medicine is used. This takes 10 to 15 minutes. If needed, use a nose clip so that you breathe only through your mouth. Small children usually do better if they wear a mask.
- Turn off the machine when done.
- Wash the medicine cup and mouthpiece with water and air dry until your next treatment.