Suggestions for Maintaining Healthy Blood Glucose
by len king on Oct 27, 2023
In addition to dietary advice, here are some other suggestions for maintaining healthy blood glucose:
- Control postprandial blood glucose: Elevated blood glucose after meals is one of the main problems with diabetes. Choosing foods with a low GI (glycemic index), such as whole grains, vegetables and fruits, can slowly raise your blood glucose and prevent it from rising suddenly.
- Regular meals: Eating regularly can help your body adapt to changes in blood sugar levels and avoid blood glucose fluctuations.
- Exercise in moderation: Exercise can help your body burn energy, maintain energy balance, and improve your body's insulin sensitivity.
- Self-management: People with diabetes need to perform frequent self-monitoring of their blood glucose to understand their blood glucose levels and to adjust their treatment programs such as diet and exercise.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Obesity increases the risk of developing diabetes, while losing weight can lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin resistance.
- Limit alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption may cause damage to the liver and pancreas, affecting the normal function of insulin.